South Kensington Building Surveyors
Are you looking to buy a property in South Kensington?
Concerned about the condition of the property?
Get peace of mind with a building survey
Save money too
Free phone 0800 298 5424 today
South Kensington Building Surveys
Structural surveys written in plain English not only detailing property issues but giving solutions and anticipated costs allowing you to negotiate and get the best price
Example South Kensington Surveys
See the quality of our South Kensington building surveys our local surveyors will provide example surveys – we believe our surveys are the best money can buy
Friendly South Kensington Surveyors
Free phone 0800 298 5424 to speak to our friendly South Kensington Building Surveyors who are always happy to meet you at the property to discuss any concerns or plans
Don't worry South Kensington Building Surveyors are hear to give you peace of mind with a building survey
Choose South Kensington Building Surveyors – 7 good reasons why we provide the best surveys money can buy:-
- Highly qualified and knowledgeable – all our South Kensington Building Surveyors are members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and are property experts with all eras, types and styles of London buildings.
- Independent advice – South Kensington Building Surveyors are independent from banks, mortgage lenders and insurance companies – working for you with your best interests at heart.
- Plain English Surveys – easy to read, jargon free building surveys ensuring you fully understand any property issues or concerns.
- Aerial view – 360 photos – we not only include high quality digital photos in our survey reports we use the latest cameras and provide aerial view photos which give a bird’s eye view of ordinarily difficult areas to view ensuring you appreciate and understand the property.
- Good, Bad and Ugly Executive Summaries – comprehensive surveys presented in a layout that has been researched and devised over many years by listening to how our clients appreciate our survey presentation detailing the property information clearly with photos, sketches and defining technical terms.
- Latest survey equipment – all our South Kensington Building Surveyors are equipped with the latest survey equipment.
- Unique survey sketches – we have commissioned many unique survey sketches, which we include in our structural surveys that assist in explaining property issues or characteristics.
A Building Survey will save you money
– building surveys can be used to negotiate the best price for the property and ensure you are fully aware of any future costly property issues.
Where is South Kensington?
The London district of South Kensington is defined as the southern portion of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. South Kensington includes the region south of the Royal Parks commonly known as High Street Kensington and South Kensington west to Earl’s Court and Olympia and south to Sloane Square and Chelsea.
Three of London’s largest and prestigious museums are located in South Kensington – the Natural History Museum, the Victoria and Albert Museum and the Science Museum. The Serpentine Gallery, Royal Albert Hall, Royal College of Music, Royal College of Art and Royal School of Needlework as well as Imperial College London also are renowned South Kensington buildings.
Brief history of South Kensington
South Kensington’s layout dates back to the 1600’s when the region was predominantly agricultural, providing London with fruit and vegetables. In the 1700’s main roads were established, which are still identifiable today, however it stayed largely undeveloped until the mid-19th century.
After the 1851 Great Exhibition in Hyde Park, an eighty-seven acre area, around what is now Exhibition Road, was acquired by the commissioners of the exhibition in order to make a home for institutions committed to the arts and sciences.
The foundation of the Victoria and Albert, Science and Natural History Museums, as well as Imperial College was the result.
It was this investment in the South Kensington area that set in motion a building surge of large terraced houses, which give the district of South Kensington its current appearance; a high-end residential area.
London Underground at South Kensington
The arrival of the Underground to Gloucester Road and South Kensington in 1868 sealed the absorption of South Kensington into London, linking the district directly to the main railway termini and to the political, commercial and financial hearts of the city in Westminster, the West End and the City of London.
Travelling to South Kensington
A4 and A40 roads as well as the M4 and M40 motorways all lead out of London allowing access to Heathrow Airport.
The London Underground
The area of South Kensington is served by three Underground stations:-
South Kensington – District, Piccadilly and Circle line
Earls Court – District and Piccadilly Line
Gloucester Toad – District, Piccadilly and Circle line
Buses to and from South Kensington
There are several buses that travel through South Kensington including
Warren Street – 14
Baker Street – 74
Victoria – C1
And at night there are the N74 and N97, which travel to and from Trafalgar Square
South Kensington Architecture
South Kensington is noted for its Italianate stucco mansions in and nearby to Queen’s Gate, Elvaston Place and Cromwell Road. After 1870, possibly as a reaction to the classical style, red-brick houses and mansion blocks emerged with some fine examples by Richard Norman Shaw RA. The attractive red-brick houses were built with many featuring beautiful garden squares. These properties are extremely desirable with several being converted into apartments. There are delightful mews houses too in Elvaston Mews and Queen’s Gate Place Mews in this much sought after area.
Schools in South Kensington
South Kensington has a wide range of state primary and secondary schools as well as voluntary aided and independent schools. South Kensington has a French language school Lycee Francais Charles de Gaulle, which has pupils from primary and secondary levels. Independent Private Schools in South Kensington include Glendower Preparatory School, the Vale School, Garden House School and Queen’s Gate School.
Peace of mind with a building survey
A Building Survey from South Kensington Surveyors will help you make the right property decision and save you money too – free phone 0800 298 5424 for a free survey quote